RAMSHACKLE PLAY provides participants with unique play situations where people of all ages regardless of ability can find their space to explore their play while developing resiliency, responsibility, and readiness in all areas of health.
Ramshackle Players Will:
- Search and explore.
- Discover and create.
- Commit and develop physically, cognitively, socially, and collectively.
- Enhance individual and collective critical thinking, problem solving and innovation through the irregular and disorderly nature of play.
- Develop resilience through risk in a safe setting.
- Value their experiences and value each other.
- Build and rebuild their physical, cognitive and social potential through Play.
Ramshackle Play Builds Developmental Assets
- Achievement Motivation
- Commitment to Learning
- Positive Values
- Social Competencies
- Positive Identity
These assets become our developmental building blocks as children, and through inclusive and multigenerational Play opportunities, they can carry forward in each life stage including our education pathway, our work experiences, and the balance of our adult and senior experiences.
Ramshackle Play EDUCATORS AND SPECIALISTS
Our trained, professional, Ramshackle Team consists of Inclusion and Play Specialists able to create a unique, fully inclusive environment through encouraging self-directed play to enhance skills of critical thinking, innovation, physical, social and cognitive development for all ages.
All staff are trained and certified through AMPED2PLAY and have completed First Aid and CPR qualifications to ensure they have the capacity to deliver Ramshackle Play events in a professional and knowledgeable manner, as inclusive Play Specialists and Educators.
Each Ramshackle Play Education and or Community/Health experience builds capable individuals in an inclusive and multigenerational environment. It enhances knowledge and experience for everyone involved providing:
- An equitable starting point
- Balancing risk and challenge
- Persistence and determination
- Independence and interdependence
- Self-determination and resilience
- Valuing of self and others
- Importance of community
- Recognition and celebration of unique ability and talent
Ramshackle Play Foundations Training
Join us June 23, 2019 for Training from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm in Cochrane, AB